According to details magazine, the obvious source for everything relevant in American life, the National Gaurd used $125,000,000 of taxpayer money to play an ad featuring Kid Rock in 3,117 movie theaters before films in 2008.
I think I remember seeing this - it had Kid Rock, looking more like white trash than usual, screaming about how he was like a gaurdiann or something a la Toby Keith, coming to protect us. My first thoughts were: 1. "really, Kid Rock is coming? He stopped getting high and fucking Pamela Anderson long enough to become patriotic?" 2. That this is blatant propaganda disguised as a NASCAR commercial and now my thought is that this ad was not only 3 minutes of my life that I can never get back, but it's also a quarter of a billion dollars that I'm sure I could have found a better use for. Like my college education. Or no on prop 8. Or helping those I know who are in the throws of financial meltdowns because of useless spending on stupid shit like this.
And we then wonder how the Obama administration inherited the deficit.
No comments:
Post a Comment